Policies & Procedures
Our Price Match Guarantee
If you find a better price on a product we sell, show us the offer and give us the opportunity to earn your business by meeting or beating the price. We won’t be undersold!
Accepted Forms Of Payment
We accept all major credit cards in addition to a number of convenient payment options such as ShopPay, Paypal, and Amazon Pay to make your shopping experience easy.
If your school, hospital, business or organization uses purchase orders, you can send us a purchase order by email or mail. Once a valid purchase order is received, our Customer Support Team will process the order.
1. Email us your purchase order to: email@example.com
2. Mail your order to:
Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers
2417 Cormorant Way
Sacramento, CA 95815
Special requirements may apply to purchase orders, including an approved credit application. If you have any questions about paying with a purchase order, call us at 916-920-2121.
Order Processing and Shipping
Machines and accessories in product images are not included with purchase unless otherwise stated.
We will ship to locations within the United States. We do not ship to any other country at this time.
Within the continental United States (the contiguous 48 states), SHIPPING is FREE to customers on orders over $99.99. Second day shipping does not apply to products drop shipped from supplier. Orders being shipped to Hawaii and Alaska are not eligible for free shipping. Also, the free shipping policy does not apply to APO's, FPO's and DPO's. Shipping rates may be calculated by clicking the Checkout button in the shopping cart.
Free shipping does NOT apply to any item that requires freight ground delivery. On all orders that require freight ground delivery, we will immediately contact you by phone to give you the freight charges.
We ship most orders via UPS Ground. Items that are shipped directly from the manufacturer will be shipped using the manufacturer's preferred method (either UPS or FedEx). Packages that weigh less than 1 pound may ship via USPS Priority Mail. On orders that include free shipping, we reserve the right to choose the carrier of our choice to accommodate the most efficient method of getting the product to you.
Shipping charges in the shopping cart are accurate UPS published rates. We do not inflate any shipping charges.
Please keep in mind that UPS does NOT ship to PO Boxes. Providing a PO Box as your shipping address will not cause us to ship via USPS for you. If you have experience with UPS delivering to your PO Box, please call us and we'll make the exception; however, if the package gets denied and rerouted, you will be charged all applicable shipping costs.
Most orders will be processed within 1-2 business days. Orders placed on weekdays before 2pm Pacific time will usually be shipped the same day. Orders placed on Friday after 3pm, Saturday, or Sunday are processed on Monday. Processing and shipping does not take place on weekends or holidays.
Expedited shipping is effective based on when the item is sent out, not from the time the order is placed. If we have an item in stock, we can generally have it sent out the same day we receive an order (provided the order is placed before 2pm, Monday through Friday). Items that must be special-ordered or drop-shipped by the manufacturer cannot be sent through an expedited method.
Any customer that refuses their package will be charged the original shipping cost, plus the cost of shipping to have the item returned back to us.
FREE In Store Pickup:
Order online and receive a call when your order is ready for pickup at the Meissner Sewing location of your choice. Product availability varies by store, and may affect the order fulfillment time. Please provide your contact information as the shipping address, so we can contact you when your order is ready. Orders placed after 3pm on Friday will be processed on Monday. Processing and order fulfillment does not take place on weekends or holidays.
Freight Shipping Policy
So that heavy-item orders can go as smoothly as possible, please read the following specifications and conditions for delivery of cabinets and assembled industrial machine tables.
- Assembled industrial machines with table and assembled sewing furniture will ship via freight truck line, NOT UPS or FedEx, and are not eligible for shipping outside of the United States. Freight delivery cannot be expedited and does not apply for free shipping. Freight shipping charges are generally in the range of $150-299, depending on your location and type of delivery address. (No shipping method other than freight is applicable for these items, even if other methods show up in the shopping cart.) We will contact you about the freight shipping charges. You are also welcome to contact us after you have placed your order.
- Someone needs to be at the delivery address to receive and sign for the product when delivery takes place. The freight company will call you to inform you of the delivery date so that you can plan accordingly. Provide as many phone numbers as possible to ensure that the shipping company can contact you and let you know when your order will be delivered.
- Be aware that the delivery driver is not responsible for bringing the product inside your home. Their responsibility is to deliver the product to the delivery address and move the freight to the end of the truck. They may or may not take it off the truck for you, but they will not bring the item inside your house, take it up stairs, place it for you, etc. You will need to have appropriate assistance and/or equipment available at delivery to unload it off the end of the truck and get the product inside your house.
- When you sign the delivery receipt, it is a legal contract that states that you received the product in acceptable condition. Always inspect your shipment before signing for it. It is best to completely remove your shipment from its containers regardless of the condition of the box, inspect it thoroughly, and if the cabinet is damaged refuse the shipment. This is very important, because once you have signed for your shipment it is your responsibility if it is damaged. If the Customer signs for the product in good condition and the product is damaged, only replacement parts can be purchased at the customer's expense and it is the customer's responsibility to install any replacement parts.
- Save your box and all packaging materials until you are certain that your cabinet and all accessories are in satisfactory condition.
- Replacement of accepted damaged products will only occur when funds are received from the shipping company after the claim has been filed. Normal claim time is 3 to 4 weeks. If the freight claim is denied and the customer does not inspect the cabinet, signing for it in good condition, the damaged product is the customer's responsibility.
- Inserts are usually shipped out via UPS or Fed-Ex and customarily do not arrive at the same time as your cabinet. Delivery on inserts can take up to two additional weeks for delivery due to the time it takes to create your insert.
- Remember to call us before signing for the product if you do not understand this delivery agreement.
With every purchase at Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers we offer a 30 day return/exchange guarantee. This means that for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase you can call us and return it for a refund or exchange.
To return an item for any reason, simply contact us via phone at 916-920-2121 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain to us why you wish to return the item. We will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number, along with instructions on returning your purchase. Please do not try to return an item without a Return Authorization Number; as different products must be returned to different locations.
- Unopened Merchandise may be exchanged or refunded within 30 days of the date of purchase. "Unopened" means that the contents have not been removed from its packaging, and all factory seals are unbroken.
- Opened Merchandise may be exchanged or returned for a refund at the full sale price within 30 days of the date of purchase. Merchandise must be returned in its original factory carton (undamaged unit, Styrofoam, warranty card, instruction manual and all included accessories).
- Opened Machines may be exchanged within 30 days of date of purchase for a machine of equal or greater value. Machines must be returned in its original factory carton (undamaged unit, Styrofoam, warranty card, instruction manual and all included accessories).
- Shipping Costs are covered by Meissner Sewing if there is any problem with your order or the product is defective, and you allow us to repair or replace it. If you choose not to repair or replace the item it becomes a general return. General returns are subject to have shipping fees deducted from the refund. Any travel fees that are incurred by Meissner Sewing for the repair or exchange will be charged at the rate of $150.00 per hour.
- Travel Fees: A non-refundable travel fee of $150.00 per hour will be charged for any instances where Meissner Sewing travels for a pick-up, deliver or service a machine. If the machine is returned, any travel fees that were incurred will not be refunded.
- All opened software and designs
- All sewing cabinets, cutting tables, cabinets inserts, and quilting table extensions
- Assembled Machine Quilting Frames
- Freight Intensive Items
- Cut Fabric
If you receive an item that is defective, notify us of the problem to arrange for a repair, replacement or item exchange within 30 days of the date of purchase. Meissner Sewing is responsible for all shipping/return costs (with the exception of travel fees) incurred when a product is defective.
This privacy notice discloses the customer privacy practices of Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the use of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Our website may contain errors, may have missing information, or may not be up to date. We reserve the right to correct any errors or omissions, and to update information at any time without prior notice. Corrections or updates may occur after you have submitted an order from our Website. In that event, we will attempt to contact you with the correct information before processing your order. If we are unable to contact you with the correct information, then you may return the item according to our return policy.
If an item is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, then at our sole discretion we reserve the right to refuse orders for that item, contact you for instructions, or cancel your order and notify you of the cancellation. We reserve the right to limit quantities, even after you have submitted an order from our Website. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.
Class & Event Policy
Before signing up for a class or an event, please check your schedule and read our class policy carefully. To be fair to our teachers and presenters as well as other students we must remain firm on our registration and cancellation policies. By registering for a class or event, all attendees enter an area where photography and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to such recording media and its release, publication, and its use for future promotional purposes.
Registration & Cancellation
- Full payment of fee is required at the time of registration.
- Full refunds given 30 days prior to class or event start date.
- A 20% cancellation fee will be applied to class or event cancellations made between 29 and 8 days prior to the event.
- No refunds or transfers will be given 7 days prior to a class or event.
- Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers is not responsible for reimbursements for any hotel or other travel expenses.
- Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers and our teachers reserve the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum. We will issue a full refund for any class we cancel.
- In case of emergency, Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers reserves the right to cancel less than 48 hours prior to the class or event. Full refunds will be given or the student(s) will be rescheduled for a future date.
It is the responsibility of the customer to download the supply list for any class or event they are registered for. Supply lists can be found online on the signup page for the class below the "Add to Cart" buttons. If you need assistance, please contact any Meissner Sewing location in advance of class.
When a class or event listed online is full, customers are encouraged to sign up on our waitlist. If there is a cancellation for a waitlisted class, the first person on the waitlist will be contacted and given a 24-hour period to respond. When the 24 hours have passed, the next person on the list will be offered the spot. If there is less than 24 hours before a class begins, there may be less time given for the customer to respond before moving onto the next person on the waitlist. Being on the waitlist for any class or event does not reserve or guarantee a seat for the next date the class will be offered and is only valid for the waitlisted date.
All classes are strictly open to adults ages 18 and older unless otherwise stated. Requests to attend a class by a student under 18 years old must be made in advance and have written instructor approval before registering for class.
Please be considerate to others while attending a class or event:
If a student is causing a disturbance, we reserve the right to dismiss them from a class or event without refund. Please help us keep our classrooms safe and enjoyable for all who wish to learn. Our aim is to provide a welcoming environment for all our Meissner Makers.
We only allow service dogs in classrooms and event spaces. This is to protect our customers and instructors who may have allergies that would prevent them from fully partaking in class should such an animal be present. Thank you.
Property Left Behind
Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers is not responsible for any property left behind at any of our locations. Any items discovered by staff members will be placed in our lost and found. Please make sure that you have all items that you entered the store or classroom/event space with, such as clothing, glasses, power cords, machine accessories, water bottles, and cutting utensils.
We Accept Any Coupon. Meissner Sewing & Vacuum Centers is happy to accept competitor coupons in any of our locations. The provided coupon must be valid at time of purchase and be for similar items. The discount will be taken from the MSRP of the product. Competitor coupons are not valid on purchases made online at meissnersewing.com and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or price match. Additional exclusions may apply depending upon the coupon used.